The City of Ottawa is looking for volunteers this weekend to help remove some of the 250,000 sandbags around the region.
Volunteers (age 16 and older) are asked to meet at one of the following meeting points and will be taken by shuttle bus to the affected areas.
1. Dunrobin (3285 Dunrobin Rd. from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
2. Fitzroy Harbour (6900 Harbour St. from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
3. Cumberland (Intersection of Morin Rd. and Philip Rd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. except Monday)
4. Constance Bay (262 Len Purcell Drive from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
5. Britannia (Intersection of Cassels St. and Bradford St. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. except Monday)
Volunteers will be given gloves and are asked to wear long sleeve shirts, pants and boots.
Since April 1, the region has received more than 264 millimetres of precipitation, which has caused widespread flooding.