Maplelawn Garden is one of the few remaining examples of a walled garden in Canada. The garden and adjacent manor house (which currently houses the Keg restaurant) were built on Richmond Road in Ottawa in 1931–1934 by a Scottish immigrant, William Thompson. In 1989 the property was designated a national historic site. Since 1993, the garden has been maintained by a volunteer group – The Friends of Maplelawn Garden. The garden is open dawn to dusk and is free to visit. The pedestrian entrance is at 529 Richmond Road.